A 6-Part Series on Human Flourishing
3 years. 150 interviews. 6 episodes. 152 minutes. PovertyCure is thrilled to present our new DVD series on human flourishing. Three years in the making, this high-energy, documentary-style series challenges conventional thinking and reframes the poverty debate around the creative capacity of the human person, made in the image of God. Listen to the voices of entrepreneurs, economists, political and religious leaders, missionaries, NGO workers, and everyday people as host Michael Matheson Miller travels around the world to discover the foundations that allow human beings, families, and communities to thrive.
Pre-Order your own DVD box bet today!
Use the special promotional code "PCFRIEND" at checkout and we'll give you 30% off!
Note: At checkout, your discounted total may not appear until the final checkout page where you can click "Submit Order" to confirm your total.
Official Trailer [1:30]
WE ASK, "HOW DO WE ALLEVIATE POVERTY?"
But the real question is, how do people create prosperity for their families and their communities? The purpose of this series is to encounter our brothers and sisters in the developing world not merely as people in need, not as aid recipients, not as charity projects, but as human beings created in the image of God and endowed with His divine creative spark. It's time to change. Let's shift our focus from aid to enterprise, from paternalism to partnerships, from poverty alleviation to real human flourishing.
6 SESSIONS TO JUMP-START THE CONVERSATION
- Charity that Hurts [25:25]
- The Entrepreneurial Calling [26:46]
- Justice for the Poor [26:58]
- Circles of Exchange [28:16]
- The Power of the Gospel [21:26]
- Churches, Communities and Culture [23:40]
EXTENDED PREVIEW [7:32]
Subscribe via RSS
Popular Blog Entries
- Dialoguing with Yobel Market on Fair Trade August 9th, 2012
- U.S. Sugar Policy Anything But Sweet July 10th, 2012
- What Christianity Today Missed: The Best Way to get out of Poverty February 29th, 2012
- The World’s Slowest Swimmer: Paternalism in the Olympics July 31st, 2012
- “Shut up & Give?”: a book review August 7th, 2012
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- May 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011