PovertyCure is excited to announce a Pinterest contest! In order to introduce a new audience to PovertyCure, and help visually highlight our Goals & Visions, we invite you to create a Pinterest board, following the rules outlined below. Winners will receive a bundle of our PovertyCure books, and one lucky entrant will receive the books plus a free PovertyCure curriculum (pending release).
Read the rules, and spread the word!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
Acton Institute/PovertyCure PINTEREST SWEEPSTAKES:
How to Enter:
Beginning Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM (ET) through Friday, June 1, 2012, at 11:59 PM (ET) go to http://pinterest.com/actoninstitute/ and submit a Pinterest board entitled POVERTYCURE PINTEREST CONTEST, containing pins as outlined below:
- Create a board that visually highlights/illustrates the PovertyCure Vision and Goals (http://www.povertycure.org/principles/vision-and-goals).
- Board must have a minimum of ten pins, and one of those pins must be the PovertyCure Pinterest Contest pin (available at http://pinterest.com/actoninstitute/povertycure-pinterest-contest/)
- Pins must include the hashtag: #povertycure.
- Once you have created your board, you must leave a comment on this page (see below), with a link to your PovertyCure Pinterest board.
You must be a member of Pinterest.com to enter, and you must be following all Acton Institute’s Pinterest pages, http://pinterest.com/actoninstitute/. If you do not have a Pinterest account, you can sign up for one here: http://pinterest.com. By submitting your entry you signify that you understand that Sponsor owns the right to this entry.
Winner Selection: All entries that follow the rules outlined here will be entered in a random drawing on or about June 5, 2012 from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by Acton Institute whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. . Prizes and Approximate Retail Values: Two (2) winners will receive a set of PovertyCure monographs/books (retail value $24), and one (1) winner will receive a set of PovertyCure monographs plus the PovertyCure curriculum (pending release – retail value approximately $60). Potential winners will be notified by Pinterest comment on or about June 5, 2012 and must respond via email address provided with contact information within 48 hours from notification or an alternate potential winner will be selected. Winner’s List: For winner’s name, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Acton Institute Pinterest Contest, 161 Ottawa Ave. NW, Suite 301, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, by June 28, 2012. Incomplete or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified.
1. ENTRIES: Limit (1) one entry per person for Acton Institute/PovertyCure Pinterest Sweepstakes (referred to as the “Promotion”). Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older in their state of residence at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
3. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants must have valid e-mail address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer's limited warranty. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Winners (and parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winner hereby further agrees that it will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of the entry to Sponsor within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical material and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the prize.
4. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date and to deem entries ineligible if entries do not meet specified criteria. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
5. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Grand Rapids, MI, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
6. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Acton Institute, 161 Ottawa Ave., NW, Suite 301, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
Subscribe via RSS
Popular Blog Entries
- Dialoguing with Yobel Market on Fair Trade August 9th, 2012
- U.S. Sugar Policy Anything But Sweet July 10th, 2012
- What Christianity Today Missed: The Best Way to get out of Poverty February 29th, 2012
- The World’s Slowest Swimmer: Paternalism in the Olympics July 31st, 2012
- “Shut up & Give?”: a book review August 7th, 2012
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- May 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011